Questions About Parkinson Research Foundation
Q. What does the Parkinson Research Foundation stand for?
A. While we strive for a cure for Parkinson’s disease, the PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION (PRF), with headquarters in Sarasota, Florida, is actively dedicated to making life better TODAY for those living with this chronic, degenerative neurological disease that affects six million people worldwide.
The MISSION of the PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION is to help find a cure Parkinson’s disease and to improve the lives now of those affected by the disease. To fulfill this mission:
The PARKINSON RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- Funds Research
- Publishes Scientific Findings
- Advocates for Scientific Research and the Rights of People with Parkinsons
- Promotes Parkinson Awareness by means of Local and National Outreach, Special Events and an Annual Parkinson Walk
- Funds Educational Conferences and Cruises with Renowned Expert Speakers in the Field
- Provides Funding, in full, for PARKINSON PLACE, a 8500 square foot site in Sarasota, Florida offering over 80 FREE programs a month as well as a first of its kind Outreach Program consisting of Video Podcasts for homebound local, national, and international Parkinson patients and caregivers.
Q. Are my donations tax deductable?
A. PRF is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Q. How can my contribution make a difference?
A. Your contribution can make a difference in the lives of those living with Parkinsons and its overwhelming physical, mental, emotional and social challenges that impact life every day. To see donation dollars at work please visit www.parkinsonplace.org where programs funded by Parkinson Research Foundation are actively helping local, national and even international Parkinson patients have a better life now while we strive for a cure.
Q. How can I donate to help those with Parkinson’s disease?
A. To make a donation, please visit us at Parkinson Research Foundation’s Donate page, or send your check today to Parkinson Research Foundation 5969 Cattleridge Blvd., Suite 100, Sarasota, FL 34232.